Monday, November 4, 2013

Charity gig in Maidstone

See below about how I got the gig and why I did it.
THe venue was a bar. I knew I had little table space and there would music. SO effects that NEED a table were out, such as Cartomancy. I stackes twwo decks with the classic Twilight Angels and Wee Wee Mentalist double act. I had a free form deck for other effects. EVERYTHING went down AMAZINGLY well. Angles and mentalist were talked about by EVERYONE. Ambitouse card wowed people, as did Card in Hand.. TO open with I didn't use Wee Wee like normall. Instead i used a hankie vanish or elestic band tricks. THese again amazed  everyone.
things to think about.
My magic IS impressive and people seam to like interactng with me
my relaxed conversational style works well .
I need more effects where I can work in "mime" for whent here are plenty of load music.
my small selection of fluorishes are handy to have in reserve for a certian kind of participant (normally y oung men
Elastic band magic is great "non card" magic. Must learn more.
i missed an opituinity to perform a stage effect due to lack of sutible material. I need to look more at the work of John Archer and other stage performes who work with few props so I can grab these optuinities in futre

JMANY people did a whole load at screaming in disbilove, ACTUal screamming. THIs is good







No comments:

Post a Comment