Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ambitious Card

Today I'll be working on the Ambitious Card. It's a lovly rutine which has the same effect performed in several ways, each way compounding the believe that what the magician is doing is impossible. I'll be useing the Crash Course in Card magic volume 2 from Eluionist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-60XXJ5m8&feature=watch_response

Other stuff. On Friday we had an open door policy at Electr[o]crasy which meant I had free time to try out some tricks on the crowd. As normal "Do as I do" had a good effect however card in hand and "Here then there" were a little stronger. The supirse was how strong 'direct mind reading' was.
A final thought is my beloved Invisable Deck. I stopped trying to perform with this deck because I kept screwing up the handling. I popped it in my pocket as an after thought and decided to be bold and have a go in public. It worked flawlessly time and time again. It seems a few weeks of practising shuffles and lifts had given me the level of dexterity i needed without even realsieing it. So the moral here is simpl. If something is too hard, take a break, do something else for a while and you may be learnign how to dso it without realasiing

No comments:

Post a Comment