Wednesday, July 14, 2010

phobos and demos

For the last 2 weeks I've been working on my current repertoire and performance style. I'm working through Wayne Dobson's book(let) and am intreagied by a silk vanish and a new version of Do as I do. I've also learnt how to perfom the "Crushed and empty restorn can" effect. i hope to use it in the wild come Friday.

There is the opportunity to perfrom some young person magic at te colchester free festivale. TO this end I found an very nice effect by Guy Hollingworth known as "Once upon a time". I was initally going to wait untill a trip to London in a few weeks to pick this little gem up, however I've sinece learnt that whilst many magic shops list the produst, when questioned about the trick in envarable ends up being out of stock or no longer available. INdeed the trick is available on Davenports AND international Magic's site, but when I rung them neither caan get hold of it. With this in mind i was happy tosee a direct link from Guy Hollingworth's own site to another webshop with the effect in stock. I looked into the site and the company are not a magic shop they are an agency providing performers. I rung thewm up and they confirmed the product is there waiting to be dispatched. Even though the effect is rather old and here is no reason to believe they will be out of stock any time soon I suddenly found myself in the grip of Fear and terror and promptly ordered it. With luck it will be here tomorrow, intime to show Harvey.

No comments:

Post a Comment