Wednesday, March 28, 2012

very rough night

I feel like my soul has been given a good going over with wire wool. Last night me and my magical mates visited a local magic club.  We saw  a few people's tricks as they explained to us some basic coin work before someone broke out their card magic. I felt tonally outclassed. I suddenly felt foolish for believing I was ready to be a professional magician when this guy was trying to show me things that I couldn't ever follow.  I suddenly had to fight the urge to throw magic in all together out of a sense of shame. Then I calmed down. The guy who impressed us the most was VERY good, I over heard the secretary of the club saying he could have won a national competition.  I remembered how people in the club had already praised us for our people handling skills, these are the things that count for a professional magician. Again looking over the effects we saw, the younger guys made a few mistakes and had to restart, so this isn't even material they themselves can perform flawlessly. we were seeing rough work in progress.

So calming down I'm feeling a lot more secure. I KNOW I'm VERY insecure about how good I am at times, so this is just another blip to be over come. TO make me feel more like I know what I'm doing I'm going back to  basics., It's been AGES since I put a new effect on this blog, it's time to stop reading theory  books and to break out some new effects, if just for my benefit, But I'm going to go back to Royal road to Card magic for them, as well as the Mark Wilson course I think. Just to go over some basics.


No comments:

Post a Comment