Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Impromptu skills and gigs

If I were being paid a half decent rate for every gig I have coming up in the next 3 months then I could make as living as a magician.  Unfortunately I'm being paid for very few of these, and of those I'm charging a low rate.  However unlike other free gigs in the past these ones are more likely to get me future paid gigs. I'm curently making up costumes for Friday's gig (based on the Night Circus) and dreamingup what I intend to perform. I'm rather proud of myself that I'm actaully getting my costuming done a whole 3 days before the gig!

In other news. I got a very cheap dvd on impromptu magic a few weeks ago. I only learnt one of the effects so far (a pen vanish) However vanishing a pen totally impromptu without any equipment has proved very effective.It's a great way to casually bring magic into the room. Muggles seem very impressed with it and it looks liek it has helped score me a kids gig:)

No comments:

Post a Comment