Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Magic Circle

I have to posts in my brain, one good, one not so good. I'll get the not so good one out of the way and then really enjoy the good one tonight.

After 12 weeks the Magic Circle FINALLY got back to me. Well actually I prodded them and they got back. I'm not in. Not only that I wont receive any feedback for a few weeks as the guy in charge of feedback is currently  out of the country. Am I disappointed  Yes. Am I upset, not really. My biog fear was that I would feel foolish and want to give up on magic. Luckily I've had some very good gigs lately  I love magic more than ever. Also I'm currently waiting to find out if I have to have my foot amputated, which is great for giving you a sense of perspective. I know there's a cliché of that not killing us making us stronger but it's something which does work for me at least. I often hesitate telling this cliché to friends as some people get knocked down again and again. However I now know what the Circle is looking for, and I'm pretty sure I can deliver it.

  Until then I have MANY magic books to read. I plan to visit the Circle about once a month, enjoy a day in London, visit the Circle and hang out with the guys there and try to get feedback and help for my next exam. I get the feeling we'll be able to apply again pretty soon (October at the latest).

Getting feedback can hurt. It hurts me when I am not fully confident in my own abilities, my confidence has grown as have my abilities, with a bit of practise every day I think I'll be able to handle what ever they throw at me.

As my Childhood heroes  once said......"We are entombed but we live on. This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment