Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Focus

I have a day more or less to dedicate to magic. I simply don't now where to begin. I feel I need to learn a few new tricks not because more is better but because it will stretch me slightly. I've been practising the same tricks and slights for a while now so maybe I need to just reach a little further. I know have Jay Sankey's 'The Disappearance' and have managed to perform in at home a few times. So maybe a few run through of this before looking at more coin work is in order for the day. The trouble with magic being seen as a hobby by many is I feel guilty 'wasting' a day on it. I have a paying gig soon, I need to be awesome and blow people away. For this I need to hone what skills I have and acquire new ones and it's a good idea to start when I have 7 weeks to go and not 7 hours. So why do I feel like a foolish child when I plan to settle down with my books and magic case for the day. No doubt once I make myself begin I will feel fulfilled, I always do, but I just thought I'd share the reason whey I have trouble starting to do anything creative at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment