Monday, December 31, 2012

A quick last word

A quick post before the new years eve beer  kicks in.  January should be stressful. I've got a lot to prepare and very little cash. However I have TIME. In the past money has had to compensate for not spending time preparing for gigs and shows. (quickly buying an expensive new effect or buying cards I didn't need because I hadn't had time to sort through what I had). I start the year with some stunning additions to my arcane library. Books mainly on performance, but I still have a few DVD's of effects I've not fully gone through. And so despite being broke I look forward to the next year with a joyful heart. I'm still entertaining my extended family for the next few days (a shame as New Years Day has typically been very productive for me, magically speaking).

Thursday the 4th will be a day of rest,Friday the 5th is when I'll try to hit the books. As well as improving my magic I'll be doing as everyone else does and try to improve diet and exercise. I have to start seeing my health as part of my magical business. The fitter I am the better I'll perform whilst gigging.
So to sum up the year, it's been stressful but productive, the future is pretty bright.  Hard work to come certainly, but hard work that I enjoy.

Happy New Year internet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment